Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My poor roommate.

I played a song for my dorm-mate, and we've both had it stuck in our heads the last couple days. Sorry Kara...but its sooo good!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3HwFtdVTfM
Crazy Girl-Eli Young Band.

So, 10 reasons I love this song:
1) Of course, its a sappy-sweet love song that my womanly heart can't get enough of! **sigh**
2) I've never listened to Eli Young Band before, but I really like the singer's voice.
3) The video's funny. Totally goes with the play on words.
4) Part of #3. It's a play on words... "Crazy girl, don't ya know that I love you?....I love you like crazy, girl..." I love puns. :)
5) "Before you ever came along, I was living life all wrong. The smartest thing I ever did was make you all mine." I like songs that value women; those songs that say how precious a woman really is to the heart of a man. :)
6) It's original. The play on words really puts a playful tone to the lyrics, even though its sound is more like that of your typical lovey-dovey country song.
7) "We're gonna have a fight or two...I wouldn't dream of goin' nowhere." This song speaks of fidelity, an attractive (necessary) quality in a romantic relationship.
8) My absolute favorite line: "Silly woman, come here, let me hold you." If I were ever upset and in tears, I would simultaneously laugh, feel better, and my heart would melt a little (Ok, a lot) if someone said this to me.
9) I had a conversation with someone about this song. He didn't like the line I listed above because it seemed like calling a woman "silly" was disrespectful. Though I understand his meaning, it just makes me like the playful tone of the song all the more. And it showed me how awesome the guy really is. :)
10) When I sing the refrain to myself, I imagine God singing it to me...and this already awesome song is made like, 102848303 times better. :)

PS-I'm so glad to be home for the summer. I can hardly believe its here...what do I do with this? Lead me, Lord.
May our Lord lead you to good music and another blessed summer! Grace to you, and peace.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, I agree with all of your reasons, dear. :D Especially #8. Lovey-dovey country songs are the best kind of lovey-dovey songs. They just sound more sincere to me.

    ReplyDelete