Thursday, June 9, 2011

April, come back!

Hey guys....I realized I have kinda fallen off the blogging map these days. Thought I'd check back in and give a few short updates on life...although as late as it is, they do actually have to be short. I've got a big prayer weekend ahead of me. :)

1) Perhaps most importantly (at least to me), I am in a dating relationship with a wonderful young man I met through a mutual friend. This probably doesn't sound like much, but after having been single for almost 3 years...thereby skipping out on the casual dating mess of the first couple college years, It feels like I'm doing this whole courtship/serious dating thing for real. I feel my heart coming alive. It's so awesome to truly invest in someone's friendship and to take mutual interest in helping it grow, and taking it to God to see what He'll do with it. Happiness. :)

2) I spent an entire week at St. Louis University at a Cura Personalis conference. CP means in a few short words: "care for the whole person," one of the Jesuit core values. Part silent retreat, part intense workshops for the betterment of Christrian Life Community groups on Jesuit university campuses, this conference rocked my world. I learned so much...I don't even know that I've recognized or absorbed all I've learned yet. That is still to come. I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to comprehend and express some of my findings in a more coherent form than the chicken scratch that is my journal.

3) Once again, working at good ole' Dillons for the summer. This time though, they've trained me up out in the gas station-officially termed "Fuel Center"-so I have more responsibility and a lot more room for mistakes. If that doesn't frustrate and stress me out, I don't know what does. **heavy sigh** But its teaching me a lot about what I do in my idle-ness. Between setting up pre-paid gasoline orders and placating cranky customers with cigarettes, I have to find something to do. Attempting to pray amid distraction, the kind of music I choose to listen to, how obsessed I am with checking my phone...its very interesting to reflect on my actions.

Well, those are  the 3 biggest things on the radar so far. More to come, I'm sure. In the mean time, here's a tasty tidbit to reflect on when worrying about God's will.
"God is the slowest person I know Who's always on time."

Grace to you, and peace!

1 comment:

  1. =) April, I love you! And this sounds like it will be a very interesting/good summer for you!

    ReplyDelete