Monday, November 15, 2010

"No, really April. I got this!"

I cannot recall any brilliant theological, philosophical or intellectual insights that I pondered from this last week or so...so I'm just going to talk about my fabulous weekend, and what I think about it...

Well, it was SUPPOSED to start with a trip to pray/protest at Planned Parenthood on Saturday morning, followed by a 3-hr service project that involved 8 people in my CLC. Next, I was going to sneak over to K-State and visit some friends, who would remain completely ignorant of my presence in their midst until about 9:30 that evening...I knew that somehow my hostess and I would devise some deviously genius plot to dupe them all...
However, God had other things in mind. And we ALL know what happens when He gets ideas...Hawks for Life ended up not going to Planned Parenthood, my 3-hour, 8-man service project became a 1 1/2-hour, 4-man service project. And as for my devious surprise? Heh. Yeah...In hindsight, it may not have been the best idea to hide me from my Catholic friends in the 7 Dolors adoration chapel...but really, who could have guessed that the Holy Spirit would work through my friend's Pandora station, encouraging him to visit Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament in the same span of 45 minutes that I was there? If that wasn't divine Providence, then God doesn't exist...
So, major theme of the weekend: God's plans, especially the surprise ones, always are cooler than mine...I can promise you that telling His story about my friend ruining his own surprise is much funnier than my story about jumping out from around the corner shouting "surprise!" at RC McGraws. God's plans always seem to work out more smoothly too...and that baffles me. I put a lot of work into my plans...must be something to do with His all-powerful, divine omnipotence...

But more seriously. How awesome is it, to be someone who professes faith in a Being that is truly, All-powerful? SomeOne who controls every miniscule detail of our lives? How awesome is it to know that there is a beautifully perfect design in this seemingly chaotic existence that we continue to misunderstand, day after day?
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord. As high as the heavens are above the earth, so high are My ways above your ways and My thoughts above your thoughts."
~Isaiah 55:8-9
 Coming from someone who left this weekend with several hilarious stories about pretty eyes, engineering jokes and caroling adventures with brownies, I'd say pretty darn awesome. :)

Peace and grace to you!

1 comment:

  1. While reading this article, I was struck with a pretty interesting idea. I'm going to take it to the adoration chapel and pray on it, mull it over... but if it happens, remember-you inspired it. :)

    ReplyDelete