Sunday, May 6, 2012

An Opportunity: Bless Him with gratitude



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUopRWPH7vc

"Does God give us (insert virtue), or does he give us opportunities to (insert virtue in action)?"


This totally applies to trusting God and joyful submission to His will. 
 
When we ask God for the grace to trust in Him, He provides an opportunity for us to trust in Him. For example, a life transition that looms ahead, with uncertainty about what will happen. So what do we do with that opportunity? We trust in Him. Enjoy the present moments, which are beautiful and full of God's goodness and meaning. Instead of ruining the blessings we have with anxiety and fear of the future, we must return God's blessings with gratitude for what He has given us.

Worry and fear are merely distractions meant to keep us from embracing and accepting all God has given us. When we are tempted to worry about the future (and it is indeed a temptation), we must recognize it as an opportunity to enjoy the present...

*****

My lack of regular posting lately has been somewhat intentional, somewhat forced. Severe writer's block with some of the things I have thought about posting has been a sign...I think I am being called elsewhere, to grow and share what I've learned in a different way than an online blog. I'm not sure what that way is yet, but I imagine its a new opportunity. :)
I still plan to post songs, quotes and contributions from other cool people on here, but for the time being, I'm going to be mostly offline. Thanks for reading, and maybe I'll be back. Grace to you friends, and peace.

Sweet Heart of Mary, be our salvation!

No comments:

Post a Comment