Wednesday, February 1, 2012

This means war.

In all the uproar with the new Health and Human Service Mandate, the investigation into Planned Parenthood, and the March for Life itself,  I'm declaring an April vs. Abortion war on my blog. What my next couple posts will show are the videos, articles, pictures, and experiences that have blown up my facebook wall over the last week. To start with is one of my favorites, which made my day this morning: Komen for the Cure is no longer supporting Planned Parenthood.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq0kBkUZbvQ&feature=player_embedded
They've been lying. Surprise, surprise? I know there are folks out there who are very commited to breast cancer research. I in no way, shape or form demean that cause. But, when you're monetarily supporting an organization for providing a certain service (mammograms) that they DON'T provide, where do you think that money goes? Just April's speculation: investment in Planned Parenthood's most lucrative service. 
Present here is an article in the LA times which scathingly reports the severed ties between Komen and PP. I just want to point out what I said above. Lying to one of your donors about how you're going to use their money is perfectly professional grounds for them to remove their monetary support. Oh, never mind that PP is under federal investigation. Even if PP were providing mammograms like they said, its not a poor move to sever ties with an organization under investigation. Duh.
http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-planned-parenthood-komen-20120201,0,4104682.story

"Over the last five years, Planned Parenthood has provided about 4 million breast exams and referrals for 70,000 mammograms nationwide."
Referrals. Since when do organizations get funding for their secretaries making referrals? I should get extra funding. I'm an RA. Making referrals is what I do...

Ok, ok, I'll get off my soapbox for now. But you can be sure I'll be keeping it out for awhile. Coming off the largest peaceful protest in America, (M4L whoop whoop!) I'm ready to rage against this evil. If you're also in, join the rosary campaign. It starts today and goes for 18 days.
 http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/292426467479696/.
If you're not Catholic, pro-lifers still rock, and please keep praying with us!
Bishop Jackels said it well: "pray, pray more, and pray more harder."
http://catholicdioceseofwichita.org/office-of-the-bishop/documents/doc_view/2285-bishop-jackels-response-to-hhs-mandate

Please pray for Rockhurst's Hawks for Life group. We're learning more about the HHS mandate tonight at our meeting. For those unfamiliar, that will be my next topic of conversation.

Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us!
Grace to you all, and peace!

1 comment:

  1. Not going to lie, when my mom showed me the article about Komen pulling out I was ecstatic, no matter the reason I'm glad they're not supporting PP anymore. But, when doing my research after I was harshly approached about my supporting Komen through Zeta everything I found stated the following; that they sent their money to PP solely for information about breast cancer to be distributed to be at the many locations that PP has because they are often in high risk areas where good health care is not. Not that I'm saying that it's right to support PP but it was justification enough for me to know that Komen was doing everything they could to make sure that their money was being spent appropriately for what they were sending it for. I don't plan to ever directly support the Komen foundation but I can still support and be a part of Zeta and not be worried about supporting something I don't agree with.

    Above is just my experience with it, not fact just a little opinion/explanation. I'm very excited for you and your spreading the great news and I cannot wait to hear what your next blog brings about the amazing people that are constantly fighting this war. I hope to make M4L next year, hopefully even with my dad.

    ReplyDelete