Monday, February 27, 2012

Random, but semi-related news/thoughts, why I love FB, and War update-Part III

"What was God doing before you got there?"

This question was indirectly put to me last weekend, and it really segues well from my last post. Someone was telling me a story, and he mentioned that people who serve others sometimes get the idea that they are the be-all and end-all when it comes to getting stuff done. That we have such a desire for results, for that achievement high, for validation for our hard work...we forget that its not really about us. Now, don't get me wrong. Ambition is a wonderful thing, especially in terms of serving others, fighting the good fight, building up God's Kingdom, yada-yada. But sometimes we-ok, I-get stuck in thinking that if I am not present and contributing to the start AND finishing touch of some work God puts me to, I'm not doing enough.
"If I don't go, who will?"
"If I don't finish this, it won't get finished."
These thoughts sound familiar, ambitious do-gooders?

Totally my bad...And totally conceited. Believe it or not, Jecha and company, the world, God's view of it, and the value of my work are larger than what I see. To quote a song from an epic cartoon-animated movie based on Moses' life: "Look at your life through Heaven's eyes."

God was slinging stones/swinging light-sabers and swords/beating down evil long before He assigned me to anything, and He'll be doing the same long after I'm called to other things. My contributions are a lot less significant or essential than I'd like to think. (But He still appreciates and uses my input. He's such a good Guy.)   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG0a9WFkgzU
 
To illustrate my point, I keep hearing about new developments in the pro-life cause that have nothing to do with me, but that started before I cared so much, and will continue to develop far beyond my own ability to contribute. THIS is why I love FB...because it grants access to SO MUCH information. It can really unite pro-lifers to each other. Social networking rocks:
They're really threatening to close down all Catholic hospitals if the HHS doesn't call its mandate quits. This is the heart-wrenching consequence of the government's intrusion on religious freedom. President Obama, please don't try to call this a bluff or force the Catholic Church's hand. In my humble opinion, you'll be wrong.
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cardinal-george-all-catholic-hospitals-will-close-in-two-years-under-hhs-ma

A semi-related thought about abortion, but really, its about being true to yourself. Her writing style is fantastic, and I love her personality. And she defends chastity brilliantly.
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/hi-my-name-is-kristen-and-im-abstinent

This one's my favorite:
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/02/27/planned-parenthood-closes-texas-center-after-de-funding/

Barring prayer, none of these happened with any of my direct help. The USCCB going toe to toe with Washington, Kristen's conversion, and PP in Odessa closing...this is was what God was doing looooong before the links popped up on my facebook. So here's the update on War: Part III...I'm still fighting, but it is He who is still winning.

Our Lady of Guadalupe, and Queen of Peace, pray for us!
Grace to you all, and peace.

2 comments:

  1. I just watched Prince of Egypt this weekend. That song makes me happy :) So does Joseph King of Dreams You know Better Than I. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oL6HlzQZLo&feature=related

    I love you, miss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa...great thought! I am also one of those, as you put it, "ambitious do-gooders." Sometimes (ok, a lot of times) things like this post which help me see the bigger picture are much-needed reminders of my purpose in the work God has assigned me. Yes, I have a role to play. But no, it is not about me nor is it only through my successes that the good work is able to be accomplished.

    ReplyDelete