Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Season of Waiting

Wait, wait, wait....I'm gonna go crazy if I have to wait much longer! Being up in KC while everyone else has been gone for two weeks...working at a place that makes me crazy when I'd rather be at home Christmas shopping with my mom and sister and talking skiing strategies with my brother...blegh. Waiting is torturous. It's also hard. There is literally nothing I can do to make time skip to Friday December 23rd at 2pm, when I get to point the nose of my little car toward Wichita, KS. It stinks that 2 weeks of my break have been spent waiting...especially because I'm wishing this time away.

Amidst all this frustration and boredom with a little loneliness mixed in, I think of Mary. Poor girl. All she could do after the Angel Gabriel's visit was wait.  She simply had to trust that the child growing inside her was the miracle she was promised. She had to trust that God (through Joseph) would take care of her as they were slandered and gossiped about by their neighbors. If I think about it, it may not have been until the shepherds came proclaiming their praise and confirming the news she heard from the Angel, that her "waiting" was over. 9 months of waiting. While pregnant. What have I got to complain about? I've got two weeks and no baby. No lost reputation in the eyes of my neighbors.

So, instead of wishing my time away, I'll wait with Mary, as She prepares to bring us the Savior of the World, the Prince of Peace, the newborn King of Kings. Yep. I'll wait with Her.
Merry Christmas!
Grace to you, and peace.

1 comment: