Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesday of the First Week of Advent

Yay! It's Advent!

Ok, I won't lie. I have not before had the spiritual maturity to appreciate Advent in previous years. Maybe now its time...what a hopeful season. All the world awaits a Savior...me included. I think God's timing on this whole thing is quite perfect (uh...duh). I have reached a turning point in my spiritual struggles recently, which provides an excellent opportunity for hope. Tah-dah! First week of Advent, friend. God is good.

The message of hope came through so strongly today in the readings at Mass...
"On that day, a shoot shall sprout from the stump of Jesse, and from his roots a bud shall blossom...Then the wolf shall be a guest with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; The calf and the young lion shall browse together, with a little child to guide them...for His dwelling place shall be glorious." ~Isaiah 11:1-10

Father commented in Mass today about how beautifully versed this passage in Isaiah is. What tender, poignant images they bring us Gentiles, who are breathlessly anticipating the Love that is ours. Talk about poetry.
I agree, but I loved the psalm even more:
"Justice shall flourish in His time, and fullness of peace forever." ~Psalm 72
Justice...a concept we Americans tend to associate with ugly legal proceedings and cold, unfeeling court rooms. But justice is so much more...all the wrongs of this world will be righted when the King of Kings comes for His people. And the result being the fullness of peace forever...I like it. :) Peace is good.

Speaking of Mass....I'm totally in love with the New Translation. I cannot at present say which word changes stick out to me most...but the whole idea of being even more in communion with the rest of the non-English speaking Body of Christ is so exciting...even more cause for hope. Yay God.

May you find hope in this season of waiting. Grace to you, and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment