Saturday, September 24, 2011

Let me stay and rest.

"I'm finding myself at a loss for words, and the funny thing is, its ok..."

I was thinking this afternoon on my drive home that I haven't taken much time to really cultivate my friendships. I mean, I see great people that I love all the time. We get together when...we do homework. Or when we have a club meeting....I see my friends a lot! When I'm...en route the next to-do of my day and can only give them half of my attention and about 3 minutes of my time. The busy-ness of college life has struck. Hard core. When was the last time I sat with a friend or two in silence? Without stretching myself to come up with small talk or worse-homework complaints? What a serious oversight on my part. The nature of my busy-ness, however rewarding my classes and clubs, doesn't replace the good nature of fellowship...simply for the sake of fellowship.

As I mused on the severity of such negligence, I looked up from the top of my steering wheel...and BAM. Pink. Orange. Purple. Blue. And every shade of color in between completely exploded in my visual field.
God's timing is so perfect. He hovers in my sunbconscious, and then announces Himself in all His glory...in the middle of the Flint Hills at sunset.
And as if He thought that wasn't quite enough for a Kansas girl like myself, a song came on the radio that was so appropriate for His sudden, startling, overwhelmingly beautiful appearance in my conscious mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JK_6osCH74

"Word of God, speak, would you pour down like rain?
Washing my eyes to see...Your majesty.
To be still and know that You're in this place.
Please let me stay and rest
in Your holiness.
Word of God, speak."

Talk about romancing my heart...*thumpthumpthumpthump*

It occurred to me that I've been neglecting a more important Relationship as well. Its been quite some time since I went to adoration...simply to adore. It's been too long since I've noticed Christ's presence and simply sat at His feet. Like Mary. Instead, I've been bustling about and giving Him my to-do lists, like Martha. The absolutely fantastic thing about God is, He quietly accepts the to-do lists I shove on Him, chuckles a little, and waits. For the perfect moment to overload my heart and soul with Love, and affection, and....beauty. Sometimes God works quietly. Sometimes He works brilliantly. Sometimes He works mind-blowingly. Often, its a combination of all three and more. When was the last time I simply admired His multi-tasking abilities without putting them to the test?

Good food for thought. May you be still and know that He's in this place. May you stay and rest awhile...in His holiness. Not your holiness (or lack thereof, in my case.)

Grace to you. And PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment